- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Salary: From £95 per day, School Hours
New Directions are seeking a Teacher with a history of working with Pupils with Social and Emotional needs. The Pupil groups will be made up of those who are Key Stage 2 aged. There will also be an element of one to one Teaching involved for selected Pupils. The provision is based in Cardiff, meaning Pupils will come in for sessions. The provision also works with Schools within the locality, so the ability and willingness for Teachers to travel around different School sites is essential.
We are working with a specialist provision who have a number of Pupils using an adapted curriculum which aims to engage them to attend School and take part in lessons. The provision are seeking Teachers who have a nurturing presence and understand that Pupils are often using “learned behaviours” which is the underlying cause to their behaviour issues. A small number of Pupils have a diagnosed Learning Disability, they are with the provision because they were unable to manage certain aspects of mainstream School life.
The provision require Teachers to join them, who are able to plan and deliver lessons around the alternative curriculum. If you have ever worked with an alternative curriculum and used various teaching methods to inspire Pupils to learn, please get in touch. Lessons are not undertaken in a traditional classroom format. New Directions will also support your development within the post by offering you free training in behaviour management and the Team Teach intervention programme.
If you have a background of working with Pupils in an Additional Learning Needs or within a Therapeutic environment, we would love to hear from you.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th November 2018