- Location: Ceredigion - Mid Wales
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: Iolasir12
- Salary: from £53.76 per day
New Directions Education are currently looking to recruit teaching assistants for supply work in the Aberystwyth area. We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistant with a flexible attitude to support the inclusion of students with a range of behavioural and learning needs. Experience of working in literacy, numeracy and social intervention programmes would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
- Have knowledge of how to support children’s learning, especially in phonics, reading, mathematics and language skills;
- Have previous experience of working in a primary school classroom;
- Have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Be enthusiastic and positive;
- Have the ability to support children both emotionally and behavioural;
- Have the ability to support children’s speaking and listening skills;
- Have a willingness to develop new skills;
- Have the ability to work well in a team;
- Have the ability to develop positive relationships with colleagues, parents and children.
New Directions Education enjoys a healthy relationship with schools throughout Aberystwyth and the surrounding area, the schools we are currently working with are well-respected and resourced schools with a long-standing reputation for high standards of developing students. New Directions also offer free training courses that enable you to enhance your own development and career opportunities. We will also supply you with a personal account manager that will work tirelessly on your behalf to constantly provide work placements.
The job of a teaching or classroom assistant is a now vital resource for the teacher where the position in heavily relied upon in the classroom. Further evidencing the importance of this role within schools is the rapid growth in numbers employed across the UK. Numbers employed have risen from 61,000 a decade ago 213,900 in 2011.
Teaching Assistant Qualifications
New Directions Education are specialists in recruiting Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs who are qualified to the below:
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant;
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA);
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education;
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We will also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
Duties of a Teaching Assistant
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, ALNCO and Class Teachers;
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress;
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities;
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records;
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01970 629 118 , or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th November 2018