- Location: North Somerset - South West
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: SWNS125
- Salary: £58- £75 a day
New Directions are currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants to work in Primary Schools in North Somerset, Bristol.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to support teachers throughout the classes. You will be helping pupils on a 1:1 basis and as a group. We support schools with all year groups. so, we would be able to offer you a variety of opportunities.
We are looking for individuals with a true passion in working with children, where you can go into schools and motivate pupils through out the day. If your enthusiastic, bubbly and have experience working with children (this does not have to be in a school environment) this may be the job for you!
We are extremely busy now within the area and Teaching Assistants are a high Demand. We will be able to offer you a local registration and competitive pay rates. We have part time, full time, short term and long-term opportunities available
The job of a teaching or classroom assistant is a now vital resource for the teacher where the position in heavily relied upon in the classroom. Further evidencing the importance of this role within schools is the rapid growth in numbers employed across the UK. Numbers employed have risen from 61,000 a decade ago 213,900 in 2011.
Teaching Assistant Qualifications
New Directions Education are specialists in recruiting Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs who are qualified to the below:
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant;
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA);
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education;
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We will also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
Duties of a Teaching Assistant
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, ALNCO and Class Teachers;
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress;
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities;
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records;
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3510,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 24th April 2018