- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: September
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: HW24
- Salary: £8.96 an hour
We are currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants in the Wrexham area who are looking to work in local primary schools. New Directions work with you to provide you with the flexibility to work hours that suit you. You will be provided with a dedicated account manager to support and assist you in finding the right role for you. We also offer training courses during the holidays to help you with your development and build on your CV. Working with us will introduce you to different local schools, build on your CV and experience to help to get you a into permanent role, if that is what you are looking for.
To apply, you must have at least 3 months’ experience working with children, either in a school setting, nursery, youth group, college, sports group, etc.
A qualification in Childcare is a benefit but by no means essential.
Driving is a benefit but we do work with many schools that are accessible by public transport.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th July 2018