- Location: Wrexham - Mid Wales
- Start Date: asap
- Duration: on going supply work
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Maternity, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: TAWELSH
- Salary: £8.96 per hour
We are currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants to work in and around the Welshpool area. We have recently become the preferred supplier in Powys, which means that we are the agency of choice in the area and we are extremely busy with work for day to day supply and long term cover. Whether you are looking for 5 or just a couple of days a week we are able to accommodate your needs and work around your availability. We are entering into our busiest time of year and are getting inundated with supply work for strong, enthusiastic Teaching Assistants.
A qualification in childcare is a benefit, but by no means essential. Some of our best Teaching Assistants are unqualified so do not hesitate to get in touch if you are not sure you that have the right qualifications as we are much more focused on experience and individuals with a vibrant personality and an interest in working with children.
You do not necessarily need experience of working in a school. However, we will need you to have some form of recent child based experience. This can be in a school, nursery, playgroup, holiday club or assisting with extra curricular activities. For example, Brownies, Scouts, Tennis, Football, Dance, etc. If you are not sure, please call to check.
A driving licence and access to your own vehicle is preferable as some schools are not accessible by public transport. However, there may be some schools that you can get to by train or bus.
The job of a teaching or classroom assistant is a now vital resource for the teacher where the position in heavily relied upon in the classroom. Further evidencing the importance of this role within schools is the rapid growth in numbers employed across the UK. Numbers employed have risen from 61,000 a decade ago 213,900 in 2011.
Teaching Assistant Qualifications
New Directions Education are specialists in recruiting Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs who are qualified to the below:
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant;
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA);
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education;
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We will also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
Duties of a Teaching Assistant
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, ALNCO and Class Teachers;
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress;
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities;
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records;
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st September 2018