Teaching Assistant – Team Teach, Knowsley
- Location: Knowsley
- Salary: £60 - £70 per day
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary
Teaching Assistant with Team Teach Accreditation required for an Outstanding Special Educational Needs School based in Knowsley Liverpool.
A Teaching Assistant is required for a challenging; yet rewarding role within a Key Stage (KS) 3 and 4 School in Knowsley.
We are currently recruiting a Teaching Assistant with strong behaviour management skills along with an accredited Team Teach Qualification.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a School where it’s key ethos is based on care, responsibility and proactive behaviour management where mutual respect is of prime importance.
The School is located with easy access of the motorway network and it widely accessible via public transport.
This role would suit a Newly Qualified Teacher or Teaching Assistant who is looking to gain valuable experience from within the SEN Sector.
The role will initially be for one term, with strong possibilities of being extended for the full academic year for the right candidate.
Your role as a Teaching Assistant will involve the following:
- Support Students on a one to one and small group basis
- Undertake some classroom based responsibilities
- Support and guide Students with their day to day learning activities
- Provide guidance and counselling when the need arises
- Support Teachers; providing feedback as you work with the group
You will need the following:
- Experience with Secondary aged pupils or have supported young people from vulnerable and challenging backgrounds
- Knowledge of how to deal with difficult situations
- Be able to remain calm under pressure
- Capable of building a good rapport with Students
- Team Teach trained (or be willing to complete it)
Ideally, you will have experience of leading or managing groups of children where these particular skills can be transferred and replicated in the classroom.
You will receive:
- Regular work on a day to day basis
- Free and regular training related to the role
- A designated and supportive recruitment manager who will work with you to find the right school and opportunity
- Reduced DBS charge – £44 and no administration fee
- PAYE and no auto-enrolment under an umbrella scheme
What New Directions Education Ltd offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term teaching roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Preferred supplier to more than 20 boroughs across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry