- Location: Conwy - North West
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Design Technology
- Job Ref: pbtec0911
- Salary: £90 - £140 per day
New Directions are currently recruiting for Technology Teachers within the Conwy area.
As a Technology Teacher you will be required to have the ability to go into a secondary school and provide students with pre-set work whilst assisting them with any areas of struggles.
You will follow a lesson plan and be required to assess and mark students work.
We are looking for individuals with excellent subject knowledge and experience in teaching Key Stages 3-5.
You will need to adhere to New Directions compliance procedures.
Supply Teaching Jobs for Design and Technology (D&T) Teachers
We recruit design and technology (D&T) teachers who are experienced or newly qualified teachers (NQTs). Ideally you will be happy to teach anywhere from key stage 3 (KS3), key stage 4 (KS4) and possibly key stage 5 (KS5) in the following areas:
- Food technology;
- Resistant materials;
The Role of a Supply Design & Technology Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic and imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up-to-date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01248 884225, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th November 2018