- Location: Flintshire - North Wales
- Start Date: 12th November 2018
- Duration: On going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SMBU
- Salary: £9.50 + per hour
New Directions are looking to recruit a member of staff to work in the reception area of our busy main office who are prepared to work flexibly across a range of tasks.
Duties will include;
– Answering telephone calls and face to face enquiries.
– Liasing with parents/guardians regarding any absences and pupil welfare.
– Take responsivity for any money from parents for dinners/school trips.
– Responding to emails, letters.
– Update pupil information on the computer
– Undertake school registers and lunches on the system
The successful applicant must have the following;
– Experience of using SIMS, if a refresher course is needed this can be arranged before the post starts.
– An excellent level of customer service
– Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work load
– A good telephone manor
– Ability to relate well with children and adults
– Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
An enhanced DBS check will be carried out on the successful applicant and New Directions will cover the costs of this.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th November 2018