- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Start Date: pending
- Duration: Ongoing (long term)
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Tutor
- Job Ref: IZ15
- Salary: £25 per hour
New Directions are currently recruiting for qualified teachers or tutors with a passion to work with alternative learning. The ideal candidate will predominantly be working with pupils with behavioural issues, therefore the desire to or experience with working alongside children with additional learning needs is crucial.
The successful individual will possess the below attributes:
– Access to their own transport, as there is potential for you to have more than 1 pupil
– Flexibility, hours can range from 2-5 hours a day
– Ability to teach core subject up to GCSE age on a one to one basis
If you are interested in this job, please apply with your CV included and a member of our dedicated recruitment team will be in touch.
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th January 2019