- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: November 2018
- Duration: Long term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Category: Tutor
- Job Ref: KB7
- Salary: £25 per hour + 10% PPA
New Directions are seeking to appoint a British Sign Language (BSL) trained teacher to tutor full time in various sites across the Caerphilly Borough.
In addition to hearing impairments, some pupils will also have a range of Additional Learning Needs (ALN), so experience of teaching pupils with additional learning needs is essential. British Sign Language (Level 2 minimum) and/or a Teacher of the Deaf qualification will also be advantageous.
The successful candidate will need to have the ability to support, motivate and encourage pupils to develop and achieve their full potential. As well as having a minimum Level 2 BSL qualification, they must also have excellent communication skills and be able to support pupils in signed and spoken English as appropriate.
If you feel passionate about making a real difference to the lives of students and want to be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Be a qualified teacher (ideally PGCE, GTP, B’ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
- Have at least a BSL Level 2 qualification
- Have experience of working with deaf/hearing impaired pupils
- Be an efficient and well organized person
- Drive, have access to your own transport and be willing to travel to various sites
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th September 2018