- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Ongoing (long term)
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Tutor
- Job Ref: IZ16
- Salary: £25 per hour + PPA
New directions are seeking passionate, qualified tutors who have experience working with pupils with additional learning needs to join our team. The successful candidate will be working with children with behavioural and emotional needs on a one to one basis at GCSE level, therefore the ability to teach the core subjects up to GCSE level is crucial.
You will have fantastic support from Rhondda Cynon Taff local authority however the ability to plan and prepare lessons is necessary. You will have a timetable of multiple pupils, and you could be working up to full time hours.
The successful candidate will have the below skills:
– Access to their own car and flexibility to travel between pupils
– PGCE in primary or secondary education
– Qualified teacher status of further education qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your CV attached.
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th January 2019