- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2018
- Duration: Long term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Tutor
- Job Ref: KB2237
- Salary: £25 per hours + 10% PPA
New Directions are currently recruiting for qualified Teachers to take on specialist tuition for pupils in Education Other Than at School (EOTAS). Sessions will take place in a variety of locations across Caerphilly including pupils’ home address’ and local libraries, access to your own transport is essential.
Pupils who are receiving tuition through EOTAS are often not attending school for a variety of reasons; potentially Medical, Emotional and Behavioural issues. Ideal candidates will have a strong background in supporting pupils with a variety of needs and be able to build a rapport with the pupils and their guardians.
If you feel you would like to take on a challenging and rewarding role like this, or just need some more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Previous experience with Mental Health or working in a Pupil Referral Unit
- Exposure to students with ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia, MLD, Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
- Team Teach Trained or willingness to undertake the training is desirable
- Enthusiasm, commitment, and a positive outlook
- Exceptional behaviour management
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th September 2018