- Location: Denbighshire - North Wales
- Start Date: asap
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Permanent
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Tutor
- Job Ref: TutorDENAL
- Salary: minimum £25 p/h
Tutors will work on a 1-2-1 basis with pupils during school hours in a controlled environment, be it at the pupil’s home or in a pre-determined central location.
Work can range from subject specifics to a broad knowledge of multiple subjects
This role would likely involve interactions with students that have moderate learning difficulties, Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
Experience of working with children with any of these conditions would be extremely advantageous.
Some training such as team teach, first aid, impact wales curriculum and mindfulness and wellbeing can be provided by New Directions over the Summer holidays. Which would be another beneficial tool towards tutoring
NQT’s are welcomed to apply for this role and could prove a great tool to use towards the professional development of a newly qualified teacher.
Requirements may include;
• Education Workforce Council (EWC) registration
• Access to own transport
• Planning and preparation of work (in some circumstances work may be provided)
• Liaising with Parents/Carers
• Liaising with LEA
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th September 2018