- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: October 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Secondary Education
- Category: Tutor
- Job Ref: KB32
- Salary: £25 per hour + PPA
New Directions Education are currently recruiting Qualified ICT Teachers or Tutors looking to carry out Home Tuition sessions in Rhondda Cynon Taff area. Tutors will work on a one to one basis with pupils or possibly in a centre located outside of school. Please feel free to apply for this position if you live locally to the Rhondda Cynon Taff area or if you are able to travel.
Experience of Teaching ICT at GCSE level or above is essential. It will be preferred for you to have experience with challenging behaviour such as Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) would also help, as some pupils may have some additional learning needs (ALN).
Suitable candidates will meet the below requirements:
- Registered with the EWC
- Able to plan and prepare lessons
- Able to work within challenging environments
- Able to build relationships and rapport with pupils and their family
- Able to liaise with the pupils’ school to understand the support/curriculum needed
- Flexibility to travel, with access to your own transport
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th September 2018