- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: July 2018
- Duration: Ongoing Tuition
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: English, Humanities, Mathematics, Tutor
- Job Ref: KB2236
- Salary: £25 per hour (+ prep and planning pay)
New Directions Education are currently looking to recruit qualified Teachers to carry out Home Tuition sessions in Rhondda Cynon Taff. Tutors will work on a 1-2-1 basis with pupils during home visits during school hours.
Experience of working with challenging behaviour such as Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) would also help, as some pupils may have some additional learning needs (ALN). Moreover, training such as Team Teach would be beneficial but isn’t essential, as this can be provided.
Successful candidates will also be:
- Registered with the EWC
- Able to plan and prepare lessons
- Able to work within challenging environments
- Able to build relationships and rapport with pupils and their family
- Able to liaise with the pupils’ school to understand the support/curriculum needed
- Candidates will also need access to their own transport and be able to travel around Rhondda
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th June 2018