- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Modern Foreign Languages
- Job Ref: KM11
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions are currently looking for a Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) Teacher to work between a group of five Welsh Medium Primary Schools in the Swansea area. You will be asked to work five mornings per week, beginning in January for at least one full term. The focus of the lessons will be French and Spanish. Due to the work being within Welsh schools you will also be required to communicate with the children and staff through the Medium of Welsh. You must be confident working with pupils in Key Stage 2 to enhance their language skills in preparation for Secondary School.
- Be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Hold an enhanced DBS on the update service or be prepared to apply for one;
- Be able to provide verifiable references to cover the last three years.
New Directions can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay;
- Free training to aid your career progression;
- A dedicated Account Manager to work on your behalf.
In schools the main jobs for Modern Foreign Language (MFL) teachers involves teaching French, German and Spanish. Other languages taught include Italian, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Urdu and Bengali. There is a shortage of teachers available in these priority subjects and as such, there is a high demand for high-calibre talent to take on the challenge.
New Directions Education is a specialist education recruitment agency supplying schools across the UK with MFL teachers for both long and short-term supply teaching positions. Experienced teachers looking for work are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
MFL Teachers - Newly Qualified Teaching (NQT) Roles
If you are an NQT looking for a job as an MFL, New Directions Education can offer you variation, regular work and guidance to get your teaching career of to a great start.
With years of experience in placing teachers in their language specialism, the relationship you build with your New Directions account manager will be integral in gaining the positions that will help grow your career in teaching.
The Role of a Supply Modern Foreign Language (MFL) Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th November 2018