- Location: Ceredigion - Mid Wales
- Start Date: SEPT 2018
- Duration: LONG TERM SUPPLY
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Welsh Language Medium
- Job Ref: ADDGOR 2018
- Salary: £100 PER DAY
New Directions Education are currently working with a school in the heart of Aberystwyth looking to recruit a Physical Education Teacher to work three days a week on a long-term placement. Candidates should be able to deliver good quality lessons, be able to motive and encourage students in and out of the classroom. Applicants for the post should be able to demonstrate excellent levels of expertise and evidence of raising student attainment and achievement. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, outstanding subject knowledge and a range of motivating improvement strategies.
The successful candidate will :-
- Have experience of working with Secondary aged students;
- Be able to support the student both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, adhere to safeguarding and behavioural policies at all times, and show adherence to professional boundaries;
- Demonstrate the ability to keep records on learning and emotional needs and changes;
- Use sports and Physical Education activities to build rapport and maintain positive engagement;
- Be confident teaching through Medium of Welsh.
This fantastic school is based within a happy and thriving community with all members working together to provide an enriching environment where pupils can flourish. Life is busy, varied and fun with a wide-ranging co-curricular programme on offer so that pupils are provided with outstanding opportunities to develop their interests in a wide range of areas. Education at this school is underpinned by excellent pastoral care, which puts every child at the heart of everything. As a result, pupils leave confident, happy and ready for the next stage in their lives.
We are searching for a PE and Games enthusiast who wants to make a difference to the sporting provision at this school. The role will involve teaching PE and Games from Year 7 up to Year 13. The successful candidate will be a team player, organised, have excellent communication skills and have experience of teaching PE and Games. You should be a positive role model for all pupils and help to ensure every child enjoys sport. This role is suitable for NQTs.
PE Teachers are in high demand for supply jobs
New Directions have regular supply teaching jobs for physical education (PE) teachers in all areas. These positions are available for qualified teachers who can teach key stage 3 (KS3), key stage 4 (KS4) and possibly key stage 5 (KS5).
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) looking for teaching work in PE are also advised to contact us to register.
The role of the PE teacher in schools is a vital part of the curriculum. In 2012, with the success of the London Olympics, a legacy for future generations has been created. This activity in schools is also in line with the government's target of getting our children fitter and more active.
The role of a Supply PE teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01970 629 118 , or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 27th July 2018