- Location: Carmarthenshire - West Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Welsh Language Medium
- Job Ref: KM0219
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions are currently looking for a Primary Teacher to work in a large Welsh Medium Primary School in the Carmarthenshire area. You will be required to cover a maternity leave on a part-time basis in a Year 4 Class. You must be comfortable with the Key Stage 2 curriculum and be confident to teach through the Medium of Welsh. This is a job share so you must have the ability to work well with other staff members. The start date is May 2019 and the role is expected to continue until the end of the academic year. You must be prepared to get involved in all aspects of school life including parents evenings and report writing.
You will be required to:
- Be suitably qualified and registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Be a fluent Welsh speaker;
- Be confident teaching a Year 4 Class;
- Adhere to New Directions compliance procedures.
New Directions can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay;
- Free training to support your personal development.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th March 2019