- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Fixed Term
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Food Technology
- Job Ref: SH121
- Salary: £110 per day
New Directions Education are eager to recruit an excellent Secondary Food Technology and Textiles teacher for the Rhondda Cynon Taf area.
This is a fixed-term position from September 2018 in a Welsh Medium Secondary School, teaching KS3, KS4 and possibly KS5. We are searching for candidates with good written and oral Welsh, along with the required subject specialism but we would also consider teachers of any other subject that are confident in this field.
We welcome both NQT’s and experienced teachers but the right candidate will be expected to hold QTS status.
The placement will be subject to compliance checks by New Directions and the successful candidate must complete, or hold an Update Service DBS.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a Newly Qualified Teacher or an Experienced Teaching Professional
- Hold a DBS that is on the Update Service or be willing to complete one through New Directions
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to providing a high quality of education across all Secondary Key Stages
- Be a fluent Welsh speaker
The general role of a Food Technology Teacher is to deliver an innovative and engaging approach to the delivery of the food technology curriculum. Working usually with colleagues across the DT curriculum, this is a specialist role which requires catering expertise.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum are met
- Encourage literacy and numeracy growth through food technology
- Evaluating the design and delivery of the Food Technology curriculum; continuously striving to improve all aspects
- Keeping effective assessment records
- Develop and maintain links with hospitality and catering enterprises
- Set targets for student achievements
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th September 2018