- Location: Denbighshire - North Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Category: Welsh Language Medium
- Job Ref: BD07
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a Welsh Speaking Clerk for a Primary school located in Denbighshire.
The clerk to the governing body will be accountable to the governing body for the school, working effectively with the chair of governors, and with the headteacher and other governors.
The clerk to the governing body will:
• Convene meetings of the governing body.
• Assist the Chair and Headteacher on the preparation of the agenda.
• Produce, collate and distribute the agenda and papers so that recipients receive written
notice at least five clear working days prior to the meeting.
• Take notes of the governing body meetings to prepare minutes, including indicating who is responsible for any agreed action.
• Record all decisions accurately and objectively within timescales for actions.
• Clerk the Annual Parents’ Meeting where one is called
The ideal candidate would require an NVQ 2 or equivalent qualification / administration experience. As well as having very good numeracy and literacy skills.
Majority of governing body meetings to be convened out of working hours; i.e. from 4pm onwards.
New Directions Education is the premier education recruiter for Welsh language medium (WLM) jobs in schools across Wales. If it is a long or short-term teaching job you are looking for in Wales, register today to be considered for regular work.
Applicants must have excellent spoken and written Welsh language skills. Working within a Welsh medium school is not only rewarding but essential in keeping the Welsh language prominent within our society.
New Directions Education is the master vendor education supply agency throughout Wales, this means we are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across many boroughs across Wales.
We have regular vacancies for:
- Primary school teachers;
- Secondary school subject specialists;
- Cover supervisors;
- Newly qualified teachers (NQTs);
- Teaching assistants;
- Nursery staff.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd March 2019