- Location: Flintshire - North Wales
- Start Date: September
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Cover Supervisor, Welsh Language Medium
- Job Ref: MC1
- Salary: £60-£70 a day
New Directions Education is the preferred supplier of educational staff in the Flintshire area, as a result of this we have a high demand for Welsh speaking Cover Supervisors to work within in secondary schools throughout the local area.
The successful candidate will be required to provide general supervision over a variety of subjects through the Medium of Welsh. We are looking for someone with experience of working within a classroom with a desire to further their career within the educational sector.
What is it like to be a Cover Supervisor?
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility, however, there is always a teacher close at hand if needed. Schools may wish to employ staff for cover supervision but on occasions where they are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support to teachers in classrooms, or to carry out administrative tasks for example.
The role of a Cover Supervisor includes:
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher;
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school;
- Applying the school’s behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher;
- Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher;
- Marking elements of class work and homework under the guidance of the class teacher;
- Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records;
- Administering (and marking) class tests;
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant;
- Abiding by and work towards all the policies within the school e.g. behaviour management, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities;
- Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children’s Services Department’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th June 2018