- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: Summer Term
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Welsh Language Medium
- Job Ref: BD10
- Salary: £10.00 p/h
New Directions Education are seeking to recruit Welsh Speaking Exam Invigilators to work within schools situated throughout the Wrexham area.
Exam Invigilating is a great way to be introduced to the Education Sector, it can be done on a part time basis or can be used to gain experience and potentially move into other roles within a school setting.
As an invigilator you would:-
• Report to the Exams Manager;
• Assist with setting up examination hall;
• Assist students prior to the start of the exam by directing them to their seats;
• Ensure that candidates do not talk once inside the examination;
• Support specific students by scribing for them during the exam (if new to this training can be provided);
The work is flexible, seasonal and pays £10 per hour.
Main purpose and object of the role: To provide support to the examination process.
Main duties: To support the Head Invigilator/ Examinations Team with the day-to-day operation of examination venues. This may include:
- assisting with setting up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with the outlined procedures;
- assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues;
- offering advice and guidance to unregistered candidates without allocated seats;
- ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside the examination venue;
- invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures;
- checking attendance during examinations;
- recording details early leavers and collecting their scripts;
- escorting candidates from the examination venue during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside the examination venue;
- collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures;
- assisting with the preparation of script envelopes;
- supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner.
Other duties: To assist the Examinations Team with other examination processes, such as:
- packing of examination papers, stationery and equipment prior to the examinations and the delivery to and from venues as appropriate;
- preparation of seating plans;
- delivering scripts to departmental and school offices.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 24th April 2019