- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: 03/09/2018
- Duration: Materinity Cover
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Nursery Manager
- Job Ref: BD11
- Salary: £9.70 per hour
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a Welsh Speaking Nursery Leader for a Primary school located in Wrexham.
The Nursery is situated on the campus of the Welsh Medium Primary school near Wrexham. The setting opened in September 2013 and provides care and education in morning
and afternoon sessions for children up to four years old through the medium of Welsh. The School takes pride in the quality of care and education the children receive.
The ideal candidate would require Level 5 in Childcare or is currently working towards the level. As well as being fluent in Welsh in order to promote the aims and objectives of Mudiad Meithrin, Early Years Education and Flying Start.
As a nursery leader, you would be responsible for planning, preparing activities and leading on a day to day basis. Experience of this would be of an advantage but not necessary as further training will be provided.
Working hours: 7:45 – 3:30 Monday to Friday (maternity cover).
A Nursery Manager holds responsibility for the provision of high quality, flexible childcare for children generally under the school age.
This individual will oversee the day-to-day operations of the nursery, ensuring that the safeguarding of every child within their care is of the highest importance.
The Role of a Nursery Manager
- To deliver a care service in line with the organisations values
- To lead the staff of the nursery in providing a programme of activity aligned with the development of the young people in their care
- To ensure that all nursery policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- To deliver a programme of activity that promotes the early years foundation stage
- To work to develop and deliver the nursery business objectives
- To work as the key link in communications with all stakeholders associated with the nursery
- To ensure the nursery adheres to all current legislation
- To ensure that all staff employed within the nursery are trained to appropriate standards
- To maintain accurate records – attendance, absence, enrolment etc.
Typically the Nursery Manager is also responsible for the supervision or management of:
- Deputy Manager
- Senior Supervisor
- Room Supervisor
- Nursery Nurses
- Nursery Assistants
- Nursery Cook
- Nursery Cleaner
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th September 2018