- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: September
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Mathematics
- Job Ref: KM08
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions Education are currently seeking a Key Stage 1 specialist for a Welsh Primary School within central Swansea. The position starts in September and will be up until October half term holidays in the first instance. The school is seeking applicants with a sound understanding of Mathematics in order to support the Maths Co-ordinator and assist with the planning of schemes of work to increase Numeracy Levels throughout the school. The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching a Year 1 Class but time will be set aside for strategy meetings relating to the Mathematics Framework.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Have a solid understanding of Mathematics and knowledge on how to increase Numeracy Levels;
- Can teach though the Medium of Welsh;
- Would be interested in the opportunity to develop and deliver an Extra Curricular Maths Club;
- Organise and supervise Educational visits with other staff members in order to support the Key Stage 1 Curriculum;
- Can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents and undertake additional duties such as Parents Evening when required;
- Are experienced classroom practitioners;
- Seek a long-term position teaching a full timetable. Time will be set aside for Planning, Preparing and Assessing (PPA) and subject meetings;
- Are able to provide up-to-date references and adhere to New Directions compliance procedures..
The school is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced teacher who will be able to confidently teach a Year 1 Class and assist with raising the school’s Mathematic standards. The successful applicant will need excellent time management skills and the drive to help the school succeed in this area of focus. You will have the support of a teaching assistant within the classroom and for the preparation of lessons and activities. This is an exciting position where you will be able to put your ideas into practice and help the pupils raise their knowledge, understanding and passion for Maths.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st August 2018