- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: July 2019
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Welsh Language Medium
- Job Ref: SH10
- Salary: £105 per day
New Directions are looking for a talented and dedicated teacher to provide cover in a number of schools within the Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan areas.
There are openings available for many different subject specialists.
You will be expected to hold QTS status but the role is open to NQT’s and experienced teachers.
The placement will be subject to compliance checks by New Directions and the successful candidate must complete, or hold an Update Service DBS.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a Newly Qualified Teacher or an Experienced Teaching Professional
- Welsh Speaking
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to providing a high quality of education across all Secondary Key Stages
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th November 2018