- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Autumn 2018
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Salary: From £9 per hour
New Directions are seeking a Welsh speaking School Administrator, to work on a supply basis in Welsh Medium schools in Cardiff. It is essential that all applicants are fluent in Welsh and are confident running the office in a Welsh Medium school.
The successful candidate should be flexible and reliable as the nature of supply work will involve being placed into various local schools on a temporary basis, covering staff absences such as sickness and maternity. Applicants must also be proficient using the School Information Management System (SIMS), as unfortunately no training is available.
Duties will include:
- Logging attendance and lateness using SIMS
- Creating reports using SIMS
- Updating student records using SIMS
- Collating dinner money using SIMS
- Greeting visitors, parents and pupils
- General admin duties including answering the phone, responding to emails, filing, photocopying, banking cash etc.
The usual working are Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 15:30, term time only. We pay a minimum of £9 per hour.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as a core part of the team at a Welsh Medium School.
Please note, all candidates must hold a Child-only Enhanced DBS registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th October 2018