- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: October 2017
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Welsh Language Medium
- Job Ref: MW001
- Salary: £100 per day
New Directions Education are looking to recruit Primary School teachers to work in a number of Welsh medium Primary schools in Caerphilly and the surrounding areas, across all Primary Key Stages. The role is focused around working in Welsh language Primary schools so a high level of verbal and written Welsh is essential.
New Directions are the preferred supplier for Welsh medium schools across Wales so we have many opportunities for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be passionate towards delivering high quality education to Primary school children and will be a friendly and committed individual.
The role is open to both NQTs and more experienced teachers.
We ask that all our teachers are:
- Registered with the Education Welfare Council (EWC) and hold QTS
- In possession of a DBS disclosure that is on the Update Service or are able to complete one through New Directions
- Able to provide references that comment on their teaching ability
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th October 2017