- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CXDWLSH1503
- Salary: £90- £100 PER DAY
New Directions Education are seeking a Welsh speaking Primary Teacher to work in one of our local English medium primary schools in central Rhondda Cynon Taf. The school have requested to appoint a teacher that has the ability to lead Welsh lessons across the school so candidates must be able to deliver lessons across the primary sector. The head teacher is keen to improve standards of Welsh across the school and has requested a fluent Welsh speaker for this role.
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to build strong relationships with a welcoming school. New Directions and the school are both offering training to further develop your skills and experience for your professional development.
New Directions can offer:
- Dedicated account manager with experience of working with local schools.
- Free training over school holidays for CPD.
- Full compliance standards.
- Guaranteed Payment Contracts.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th March 2019