- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: December 2018
- Duration: On-going Supply Placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP121
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are looking to appoint Year 1 teachers for primary schools within the centre of Swansea. Placements will commence as soon as your file is compliant and could possibly be before the Christmas break. Placements could be on a short-term day to day basis or for more consistent periods such as a week at a time. Once you become familiar with certain schools you are welcome to undertake regular placements in order for the pupils to have continuity of approach and be able to embed yourself in school culture. The schools are looking for applicants who have strong knowledge of the Foundation Phase and a variety of ideas to utilise their outdoor learning area. The majority of schools will have a teaching assistant who would be supporting the class with you.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Have experience of teaching within a Foundation Phase environment or a Year 1 Class in particular;
- Have experience or are able to confidently utilise the outdoor classroom;
- Are able to work closely and plan activities accordingly for support staff within the classroom.
The schools seeking to increase their pool of Infant supply teachers are all set within the city centre where regular public transport links are available. They also offer parking around the school grounds. Applicants will be able to select the amount of days they wish to work a week and the schools they want to work in. As you will be undertaking regular placements within the schools, you may be considered for any long-term positions if this is something of interest to you. New Directions Education will be able to provide you with free training courses to support your career and help you develop your skills.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st November 2018