- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Half a term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: Y1JMH
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions Education has an exciting opportunity for a Key Stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher to work in a large Primary School near Heswall, Wirral. This position is a full time role which starts in January 2019 and is until at least February half term.
This is a well established school who has strong community links and a proven record of high achievement. The school works hard in supporting its pupils to achieve their maximum potential and ensure quality of learning by encouragement and high standards of teaching practice. The current teaching staff work well together as part of a great team and have a noticeably supportive network.
You will need to be a fully qualified primary teacher holding Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with previous experience teaching a Year 1 class. Candidates should be enthusiastic and bring innovative ideas to engage the children and motivate them in their learning.
Car parking is available at this school, however it can be easily accessible via public transport links.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th December 2018