- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: December 2018
- Duration: Half Term in the first instance
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MPKS12111
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are looking to appoint a Year 2 Teacher for a primary school within the centre of Swansea. The position is to start as soon as possible and preferably before the Christmas break. This post will be up until the February half term in the first instance and then reviewed for the remainder of the term. There will be around 30 pupils in the class and you will have a full-time Classroom Assistant for support. The school is looking for applicants who have strong knowledge of the Foundation Phase and a variety of ideas to utilise their outdoor learning area.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Have experience of teaching within a Foundation Phase environment or a Year 2 Class in particular;
- Have experience or are able to confidently utilise the outdoor classroom;
- Are able to work closely and plan activities accordingly for support staff within the classroom;
- Can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents and undertake additional duties such as Parents Evening when required;
- Seek a long-term position teaching a full-time timetable. Time will be set aside for Planning, Preparing and Assessing (PPA).
The school is set within the city centre where regular public transport links are available. It also offers parking around the school grounds. The successful applicant will need to be able to liaise with the Year 3 teacher in order to begin the smooth transition from Key Stage 1 into Key Stage 2. You will also need to work closely with the Classroom Assistant within your class through planning and delegating activities for them to undertake with small groups. New Directions Education will be able to provide you with free online training courses to support your career development and professional development days held during school holidays where you will be able to interact with other supply staff and instructors.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th February 2019