- Location: St Helens - North West
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: On-going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: Y2STH
- Salary: £100 per day
New Directions Education are looking to recruit an experienced Year 2 Primary teacher who has recently been working in Key Stage 1 and has up to date knowledge of this Key Stage Curriculum.
This role is to work in a small primary school which has a welcoming community feel, and pupil behaviour records are of a high standard. The school itself is based in St Helens and has easy access via bus or train links. Applicants need to have immediate availability and be able to work for a minimum of 3 months as this temporary position may continue on a more permanent basis.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a positive approach to learning and working with children. Planning and marking will be daily duties required to be completed along with report writing and regular briefings with the teaching assistant based in class. This is a lovely school and Ofsted reports have always high lighted this.
A great opportunity for the right applicant who will feel a valued team member and be surrounded by a strong support network of staff.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th May 2018