- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: Summer term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: Y56JM
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions Education are looking to recruit an experienced teacher who specialises in Key Stage 2 (KS2), specifically in year 5/6. This is to work within a busy school near Upton, Wirral and is each Friday until summer.
The ideal applicant would need to be strong in behaviour management and be able to deal with challenging behaviours confidently and effectively. This position is to teach a year 5/6 class supported by an experienced teaching assistant and it will involve effectively delivering planned lessons along with daily marking and feedback.
This school is looking for a highly motivated and confident individual who demonstrates a passion for working with children. Due to the length of this booking, the school have requested applicants to complete a trial day prior to the position starting to ensure the ideal candidate has been found. Reliability of teachers is a key focus point at this school as continuity of teaching for their pupils is of high importance.
Onsite parking is available if you are a car driver, and the school is also located near regular bus routes.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th June 2018