- Location: Cheshire West & Chester - North West
- Start Date: February 2019
- Duration: On going adhoc supply
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: Y5JMEP
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions Education are currently looking to recruit an experienced year 5 teacher to work in a large Cheshire Primary School based in Ellesmere Port. This position is to cover adhoc supply and is due to commence in February 2019.
The ideal applicant would need to be confident in behaviour management and be able to deal with challenging behaviours confidently and effectively. Previous experience working with Key Stage 2 (KS2) is essential, ideally within year 5. You will be supported within class by a teaching assistant and expected to complete general teacher duties such a marking and handovers.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for flexible supply work in a busy, large and successful school.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th January 2019