- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: April 2019
- Duration: Summer 2019
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: Y5WJM
- Salary: Highly Competitive
New Directions Education are looking to recruit an experienced teacher who is confident in Key Stage 2 (KS2), specifically to work in year 5 class starting immediately after the Easter Holidays. This role is full time and will continue right through to summer 2019. The ideal candiadte will be joining a welcoming school within the Wallasey area of Wirral and have full time availabilty ready for an induction during March. Good subject knowledge within year 5 is important along with the willingness to be involved in parents evenings, complete marking and both plan and deliver work effectively.
As an experienced teacher it would be expected that you are able to adapt and manage different behaviours and learning abilities and can work effectively within the classroom alongside the teaching assistant.
At this stage, my school are looking to do observations for 30-40 minutes to ensure the ideal candidate is found, especially due to the length of the booking. They are hoping for a highly motivated and dynamic individual who demonstrates a passion for working with children.
This is a school that regularly uses New Directions Education, and my teachers are always happy to go back. They are a very supportive school and take pride in great results they achieve.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th March 2019