- Location: Carmarthenshire - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CF1107
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay Offered
New Directions are looking to recruit a Year 6 Primary Teacher within Llanelli for a position starting in September 2018. The school sees achievement and well-being as central to everything they do within the school and pride themselves on providing a welcoming and supportive environment. They have high expectations for the children in their school and require a candidate who is able to successfully differentiate work to ensure that each child is being encouraged and challenged to achieve their personal best. They school also require teachers to have behavioural strategies in place to be able to manage situations where behaviour can sometimes be challenging without raising their voices. The school have close partnerships with parents and the wider community and value the importance of this to provide the best opportunities for their children.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Are able to create and deliver a broad, balanced, creative and stimulating learning experience suitable for the age group, which meet the objectives of the Key Stage 2 curriculum;
- Will utilise all aspects of the school from interactive technology in a classroom to the outside classroom, as part of a varied and diverse learning environment;
- Are able to provide Full Employment History and reference details to cover the last three years.
Whilst working with New Directions Education will be able to offer competitive rates of pay, free training courses to aid your career development and a dedicated Account Manager to work on your behalf.
New Directions welcome both Newly Qualified Teachers ( NQT’s ) and experienced teachers.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 12th July 2018