- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: On going supply placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: SM3107
- Salary: £90.00 Per day
New Directions Education is looking to recruit a Year 6 Teacher to work in successful primary schools across Cardiff. This role is to work on an ad-hoc supply basis from September 2018. You should have up to date knowledge of the curriculum guidance for Key Stage 2 (KS2) and you should be aware that children’s learning can be affected by their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development and to understand the stages of child development.
Our schools need a teacher to be:
- IT literate, particularly in Year 6, as a lot of data is collected throughout the year that is used to assess children’s progress and the school development plan;
- Effective at promoting positive behaviour management and follow schools behaviour policies to ensure continuity within the school community;
- Comfortable leading transition sessions;
- Be a highly effective classroom practitioner, demonstrating creativity and initiative to all lessons;
- Excited and equipped for the challenges that Year 6 classes have to offer.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 31st July 2018