- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: Summer term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: Y6WJM
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions Education are looking for an experienced Year 6 teacher to cover a full time position in a large catholic primary school near Wallasey, Wirral. This position is on going until the summer and is to work five days a week.
Our client has requested a lesson observation will take place to find a suitable candidate and an informal chat with the head of Key Stage 2 (KS2). If you are able to teach within a year 6 classroom confidently and have proven experience of this then this could be an ideal opportunity for regular work within a local primary school. Part of this position will entail being good at planning and delegating tasks for support staff within the classroom so good team work skills and communication is important.
If you are passionate about teaching and have the availability for this role then please don’t hesitate to apply. Newly qualified teachers (NQT’S) are also encouraged to get in touch.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th June 2018