- Location: Shropshire - North West
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Temporary to Permanent
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: Y6Teach
- Salary: tbc
We are currently recruiting for a strong Year 6 Teacher for a permanent role in one of our Primary Schools in North Shropshire, near Whitchurch.
The school is located in a residential area, it’s a very old building and they have excellent facilities for the children. There’s a large playing field at the back and they also have a Forest School.
NQTs will be considered as well as more experienced Teachers as we are looking for someone with good classroom management. The school normally take you on a 12 month contract initially to ensure that it will be the right fit and after the 12 months it will become permanent as long as there are no issues.
Starting salary is negotiable depending on experience and the position is due to start this September 2018.
Please apply asap to be considered for this role.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th June 2018