- Location: Torfaen - South Wales
- Start Date: September
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: 029SJM18
- Salary: £90 Per Day
New Directions are currently recruiting for two confident Year Six Teachers to cover a long term post in a small school within the Newbridge School Cluster in Caerphilly. The school is situated near Ebbw Vale and there are approximately 260 pupils in total.
Aiming to provide the best standards of teaching and learning at all times, strong knowledge of national curriculum is essential. The school works continually to ensure each child gains the skills required for a happy and successful future.
The ideal candidates will be looking to accept the challenges that come with Year Six, including planning and preparation for assessment and transitions, helping with extracurricular activities and ensuring that children are working and developing in an effective, happy classroom.
Candidates will also be expected to work towards the schools aims which include:
- Helping to develop lively, inquisitive minds to challenge themselves.
- Working to help the school community to appreciate achievements and aspirations.
- Creating a safe, happy environment where every pupil is valued.
- Ensuring that children gain relevant knowledge and skills to thrive in adult life.
With lots of facilities and a strong community ethic within the school, the long term positions are well sought after and would be perfect for a keen Key Stage Two teacher looking to show off their professional skills to likeminded colleagues.
The school aims to provide a firm foundation for pupils through a balanced and exciting education, with an emphasis on the basic skills of reading, writing and maths.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th June 2018