Modern Foreign Language (MFL) Teachers – Vacancies in England and Wales
In schools the main jobs for MFL teachers involves teaching French, German and Spanish. Other languages taught include Italian, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Urdu and Bengali. There is a shortage of teachers available in these priority subjects and as such, there is a high demand for high-calibre talent to take on the challenge.
New Directions Education is a specialist education recruitment agency supplying schools across the UK with MFL teachers for both long and short-term supply teaching positions. Experienced teachers looking for work are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
MFL Teachers – Newly Qualified Teaching (NQT) Roles
If you are an NQT looking for a job as a MFL, New Directions Education can offer you variation, regular work and guidance to get your teaching career of to a great start.
With years of experience in placing teachers in their language specialism, the relationship you build with your New Directions account manager will be integral in gaining the positions that will help grow your career in teaching.
The Role of a Supply MFL Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.