Music Teacher – Vacancies in England and Wales
Supply Teaching Jobs in Music across the UK
We welcome experienced teachers as well as Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) looking to make their way in the teaching profession. We recruit throughout the academic year for music teachers to deliver from key stage 3 (KS3) to key stage 4 (KS4).
Some Typical Music Teacher Duties:
- Using information and communications technology (ICT), and considering its application in the music classroom at all key stages;
- Improvising, composing and performing in small groups;
- Developing evaluation, assessment and reporting techniques.
The Role of a Supply Music Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.