Physical Education Teacher – Vacancies in England and Wales
PE Teachers are in high demand for supply jobs
New Directions have regular supply teaching jobs for physical education (PE) teachers in all areas. These positions are available for qualified teachers who can teach Key Stage 3 (KS3), Key Stage 4 (KS4) and possibly Key Stage 5 (KS5).
Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) looking for teaching work in PE are also advised to contact us to register.
The role of the PE teacher in schools is a vital part of the curriculum. In 2012, with the success of the London Olympics, a legacy for future generations has been created. This activity in schools is also in line with the government’s target of getting our children fitter and more active.
The role of a Supply PE teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.