Religious Education Teachers – Vacancies in England and Wales
Finding a job teaching Religious Education (RE)
New Directions Education registers supply teaching jobs for RE Teachers to work with Key Stage 3 (KS3), Key Stage 4 (KS4) and possibly Key Stage 5 (KS5).
We welcome Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and more experienced teachers searching for vacancies in RE and those with passion for the subject.
- RE Teachers Report
The study ‘Does Religious Education Work?’ examined RE in 24 schools across the UK, including seven in Scotland. Religious education emerged as a subject which was reduced to relaying key facts about religions. Some positives included in the findings were:
- Often led by highly committed, thoughtful teachers;
- Positive contribution to multicultural awareness;
- May emphasise skills of debate, reflection and creative discussion.
This underlines some of the reasons why high quality RE Teachers are in high demand for supply teaching jobs.
The Role of a Supply RE Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools;
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry;