Science Technician – Vacancies in Wales and England
New Directions Education recruits science technicians to assist the biology, physics and chemistry departments within schools across the UK.
The role of a science technician in the school classroom is a vital resource for any science department and you will normally work within a team of technicians helping carry out the following tasks:
- Setting up laboratories with the necessary equipment for lesson ahead;
- Checking and testing scientific equipment;
- Helping the teacher with practical demonstrations;
- Interacting with pupils;
- Keeping a track on chemicals and solutions;
- Organising apparatus used and making sure it is stored correctly;
- Observing strict Health & Safety conditions.
The candidates would ideally have a background in a school environment and have a qualification in either biology, physics or chemistry to a degree (or equivalent) level.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.