NEW DIRECTIONS PREPAREDNESS STATEMENT REGARDING CORONAVIRUS
Updated 14 February 2022: This statement is based on the UK Government and Welsh Government guidelines for Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The health and safety of our staff and visitors is of paramount importance to New Directions. We continue to follow the UK Government and Welsh Government guidance for employers to ensure we keep our workplace safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our COVID-19 risk assessment(s) remains in place across the business, and staff are reminded that they need to comply with self-isolation rules and lateral flow testing (as applicable) and continue to wear face masks in the communal areas in the workplace, to ensure that we all protect each other as best that we can.
Our internal employees have been advised of the importance to:
- temperature check on arrival at the offices
- regularly wash their hands
- socially distance at least 2m from each other
- hold meetings via Teams where possible and only meet in person if 2m distance can be maintained
- minimise contact between our hands and mouth/nose
- cover their nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing using the inside of their elbow and then clean their hands thereafter with hand sanitizer or wipes
- clean hard surfaces e.g. keyboards, phones, tables with sanitizer frequently
- regularly familiarise themselves with and follow the latest Government COVID-19 guidelines. The following links are to be used for the latest rules to explain what they should do if they have COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive, or have been in contact with somebody who has COVID-19: Wales guidelines, England guidelines, Scotland guidelines
- if internal employees present symptoms whilst in work they will be sent home immediately and advised to follow the latest Government COVID-19 guidelines. We will also ensure the areas frequented by the individual are deep cleaned immediately and anyone who has been in contact with the employee concerned also go home and follow the same procedure
As a Company, New Directions will promote infection control through the methods above, and in addition we will:
- promote infection control for our workers by providing information via their web portal
- regularly disinfect all our offices with a 30-day protection fogging spray
- display posters and information to promote infection control
- provide masks upon entering the building
- provide and encourage the use of hand sanitizers, masks, undertake compulsory temperature checks on entering any of our offices, socially distance at all times for all visitors to our offices
The offices will only close if we have an outbreak and Public Health Wales / England advise us that closing individual settings is of benefit to stopping the spread of the disease into the communities.
New Directions will continue to monitor the guidance on COVID-19 and make additional recommendations as needed.