NEW DIRECTIONS PREPAREDNESS STATEMENT REGARDING CORONAVIRUS
NEW DIRECTIONS PREPAREDNESS STATEMENT REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
7th July 2020
This statement is based on what is currently known about the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). COVID-19 is a viral infection spread from person to person by close contact. Symptoms can include a cough, sore throat, fever, tiredness and /or difficulty in breathing, loss of taste or sense of smell.
As the UK Government and Welsh Government start to lift the lockdown, we are encouraging our employees to return to our offices albeit on a slow phased return. We have identified the best way to reduce the risk of infection is for employees to return in two groups adhering to strict hygiene and social distancing procedures to protect not only them, but any clients, candidates or customers who enter our premises.
New Directions has put measures in place to ensure that we maintain a safe working environment and are able to respond in a flexible way to varying levels of severity and are prepared to refine business response plans as needed.
Our employees have been advised of the importance to:
- temperature check on arrival at the offices
- regularly wash their hands
- socially distance at least 2m from each other
- hold meetings via Teams where possible and only meet in person if 2m distance can be maintained
- minimise contact between our hands and mouth/nose
- cover their nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing using the inside of their elbow and then clean their hands thereafter with hand sanitizer or wipes
- clean hard surfaces e.g. keyboards, phones, tables with sanitizer frequently
- if employees have travelled abroad or plan to, they will be asked to quarantine for 14 days on their return.
- If any employees have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive with symptoms, they are to report to their line manager, order a test, self-isolate and wait for NHS track and trace to contact them accordingly.
- if employees present symptoms whilst in work they will be sent home immediately and advised to book a test, stay indoors, and avoid contact with others as much as possible over 14 days. We will also ensure the areas frequented by the individual are deep cleaned immediately and anyone who has been in contact with the employee concerned also goes home and follows the same procedure;
As a Company, New Directions will promote infection control through the methods above, and in addition we will:
- Promote infection control for our workers by providing information via their web portal
- Regularly disinfect all our offices with a 30-day protection fogging spray
- Display posters and information to promote infection control
- Provide masks where requested
- Provide and encourage the use of hand sanitizers, masks, undertake compulsory temperature checks on entering any of our offices, socially distance at all times for all visitors to our offices
In preparation for employees returning to work with the pandemic disease still in circulation, New Directions will:
- consider flexible working arrangements for employees, to permit working from home to prevent spread of the virus in the workplace or in the community
- constantly review arrangements for workplace hygiene and cleaning protocols in line with Government guidelines
- make clear communications to employees in order to provide reassurance that any risk to their welfare and the business is being managed and that as a business we are ready to respond
- regularly update its information regarding pandemic diseases, by checking the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation, Public Health Wales, Pubic Health England and the local authority
The offices will only close if we have an outbreak and Public Health Wales / England advise us that closing individual settings is of benefit to stopping the spread of the disease into the communities.
New Directions will continue to monitor the guidance on COVID-19 and make additional recommendations as needed.