- Location: Wrexham
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Short Term
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Care Assistants, Support Worker
- Job Ref: Care Assistant-WXM
- Salary: £9.50
- Apply Now
Are you a Care Assistant seeking a new opportunity?
Do you have recent experience of working with individuals who live with dementia/Brain Injuries?
Are you as passionate about helping and caring for vulnerable people?
If this sounds like you, New Directions are looking for reliable and trustworthy Care Assistants.
We are seeking caring and compassionate individuals to support service users with dementia in a residential setting within the Wrexham Area. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing quality care. This role requires candidates to be proactive and display a willingness to closely support individuals and take part in activities with in order to make a positive impact on their lives. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, well-organized and able to work independently and as part of a team. Previous experience of 3 months or more, is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for supporting people
- A basic understanding of legislative requirements.
- Ability to empathize
- Manual Handling certificate
- Excellent team player
- Willing to provide personal care
- Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures
- NVQ/QCF level 2 in care (ideally)
If this sounds like you and you would like to Apply or have an informal chat about this position then please call Laura on 01978 884290 Alternatively you can submit your CV tol [email protected]
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd September 2021