- Location: Herefordshire
- Start Date: asap
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Part Time
- Sector: Older Persons
- Category: Care Assistants
- Apply Now
Are you as passionate about helping others as we are? Or are you a Care Assistant seeking a new opportunity?
As a Care Assistant, you will enjoy interacting with your elderly residents and assisting them with their daily living activities. You will be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a genuine passion for providing high-quality care and support.
With pay rates of £9.25 – £9.75 for all roles across Hereford, what are you waiting for?
As a member of the New Directions Care team you will:
• Help elderly residents to complete daily tasks including maintaining personal hygiene and assisting with bathing and dressing
• Performing light housekeeping tasks, such as dusting, vacuuming, and changing bedclothes
• Assisting in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning, and movement of clients
• Follow individual care plans and report any changes to senior staff
• Encourage clients to take part in activities and maintain a part of their community within the home
As well as a pay rate of £101.75 per shift, you will receive:
• Ongoing training and support from our inhouse Training department
• Choose how much you want to work – fit around your busy family life with full and part-time hours available
• Flexible shift patterns, including long days and waking nights
• Accrued holiday pay – for every hour you work, you save money towards your holiday “pot”, to take as and when you need
• A dedicated and specialist support from your consultant
To be considered for this position you must:
• Have a minimum of 3 months professional experience or 6 months voluntary experience within a social care setting
• Be able to commit to shifts according to the needs of the homes we support
• Be able to undertake a DBS application – if you are on the update service and still have your DBS certificate, we can take this instead.
• Be willing to attend relevant training courses to support you with being successful at this job
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, well-organised, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. If you’d like to have an informal chat about this position, please call Keri on 02920 390 150 (option 1), or alternatively, you can submit your CV to [email protected] and I will be in contact with you should you meet the above requirements. If this role is not for you, but you are interested in finding out about our other opportunities please visit www.new-directions.co.uk/social-care
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 27th May 2021