- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Care Work, Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £8.21 - £9.50
- Apply Now
We are looking for Care Assistants to work in a Residential Care home for people over the age of 65 with a diagnosis Dementia.
The home has 40 bedrooms in total, 2 of which are respite and 2 are interim beds so have the capacity for 36 permanent residents and 4 temporary residents.
Understandably all of their residents’ needs differ, for example, the majority of residents need assistance with all daily living tasks and help around meal times.
You will be paid weekly at a competitive rate, while earning holiday pay.
If you are looking for flexible shifts, we can offer you a variety of shift patterns.
Do you want to feel part of the community? We are looking for team players.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st March 2019