- Location: Swansea - West Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Care Work
- Job Ref: AT
- Salary: From £7.83 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Care Assistant in care home in Swansea.
Your role will be varied but will include supporting elderly service users in a nursing or care home environment.
Key skills we require to enable you to do the job are as follows:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic understanding of legislative requirements.
• Ability to empathise.
• Knowledge of preferred client group.
• Excellent team player.
• Personal care.
• Knowledge of manual handling.
We do not require you to be a driver and will always endeavour to place you in settings within a reasonable distance of your home. We offer flexibility and can work around you. We also offer an opportunity to gain experience in a variety of settings with weekly pay and a competitive hourly rate.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th July 2018