- Location: Swansea
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Older Persons
- Category: Care Assistants
- Job Ref: AM
- Salary: £8.72 - £9.20 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for experienced care assistants in Swansea and the surrounding areas. As a care assistant you will be well versed within the sector, competent in your duties and possess a firm understanding of dealing with complex care packages.
Whilst on shift you are responsible for providing a range of personal and pastoral care needs to elderly, frail and vulnerable clients; so, an empathetic and caring manner is essential.
Daily tasks will include bathing, dressing & feeding as well as any associated duties needed, to provide exceptional levels of care to those within the community.
In return you can be guaranteed a competitive rate of pay, ongoing hours for the right candidate and a company that will support you through out.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for those looking for their next step in their caring career & we would love to hear from you if you feel your skill set matches the above!
Please contact Adam on 01792620190 for further information or to be considered for interview.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th August 2020